< Back

History

Local History

Sigma Phi Epsilon was chartered at University of Omaha on February 17, 1951. Prior to this date Nebraska Beta was a part of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda Fraternity. Nebraska Beta has had over 1,100 initiates since chartering.

The house was built in 1906 to house the Nebraska Telephone Company's "Harney Street Branch Exchange". It was subsequently sold or gifted to the Knights of Columbus. In 1996, Sigma Phi Epsilon purchased the property after their previous house at 829 Park Ave was destroyed by fire. At that time the building at 3301 Harney Street was redesigned to accommodate the needs of a fraternity house in 1996.

 

National History

To view the National History of Sigma Phi Epsilon please click here.


Click for Map of Location

3301 Harney Street
Omaha, NE 68131

Contact Us